Do you have school iPads? Are you looking for ideas to get started with coding in your class? This is the course for you!
I’m very excited to bring this workshop to the Midlands after running Coding with iPads in London at the National Gallery. Aimed at inspiring those that want to get the most from this exciting and relevant technology.
Coding with iPad will be held at the MAC, Birmingham, Cannon Park. It has been created by Oscar Stringer to ensure Primary teachers can;
- Develop confidence and ideas for using iPads effectively to teach coding, and understand the recommendations of the National Curriculum.
- Explore activities for explaining and creating algorithms, with students in class.
- Develop an awareness of how a selection of apps can support teachers and students needs.
- Discover the latest features of these cool apps and learn how to program Sphero’s and Robots.
- Find and use resources to sustain the teaching and exploring of coding in class.
Discover more and Empower all with your iPad.
The course is for those new to the concepts and language used in the world of coding and programming.
The iPad and relevant apps are developing quickly and becoming more useful to teachers and students. I will help you navigate this new world of apps and workflows. We will use the new coding app from Apple, Swift Playgrounds, along with several other free apps.
The cost of the day long course is £160.00 pp or £270.00 + vat for two teachers from the same school. The app list will be forwarded on receipt of your booking form. iPads can be provided as well as lunch. We always invoice after you have attended the course.
The course will be led by Oscar Stringer an Apple Education Trainer, who has been working with Apple technologies in schools for over twenty years. Oscar works part-time, as a facilitator at the Apple iOS Academy in Naples. Running a series of workshops on collaboration, creativity and communication.
The training will take place at MAC, Birmingham, Cannon Park on 14th February 2018 9.45am – 3.30pm The course is for all teachers and support staff in KS1 and KS2.
We will forward pre course instructions on receipt of your booking, places are limited to 14 places. We always invoice the school, after the training has taken place.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Oscar Stringer on 07974 764849 or email firstname.lastname@example.org