For Primary teachers who want to make coding relevant to learning.
Do you have school iPads? Are you looking for ideas to get started with coding in your class? This is the course for you!
The course is for anyone working in KS 1, 2 and 3 who wants to discover how the Sphero family of robots can support coding in the class and how coding can support key areas of the curriculum.
- Discover the potential Spheros offer schools, including the very latest Sphero Mini.
- Work through four different challenges using Spheros and iPads that cover key concepts of coding; Algorithms, loops, functions and more.
- Spend time playing, discovering and developing an awareness of how the excellent Sphero apps support teachers and students needs, in coding lessons.
- Use the Sphero to create problem solving challenges with your students.
- Find and use resources to sustain the teaching and exploring of coding with Spheros in class.
- Develop confidence using Spheros to create magical IT lessons, that will make coding relevant and interesting.
The Sphero is a simple robot ball that makes coding and control fun, relevant, interesting and accessible to all levels. See the Sphero in action here. Video on Youtube.
Includes a new Sphero Mini for you to take back to school.
To give teachers time to develop confidence, through a series of hands on activities, using the Sphero to explore coding principles with a selection of free apps.
Delegates will take back to school ideas for implementing the Sphero into coding, IT and maths lessons.
Discover and become empowered with your iPad and Sphero.
The Sphero and the relevant apps are developing quickly and becoming more useful to teachers and students. I will help you navigate this new world of apps and possible workflows.
Programme for the day.
1- Introduction to the Sphero and Sphero Apps.
2- Working in pairs you will spend two hours exploring four different Sphero challenges.
3- Q and A and wrap up.
There will be two half day sessions running on 23rd February 2018.
Morning session 9.30-12.30 Cost is £120.00 pp + vat. This includes a Sphero Mini to take back to school. KS1 and KS2
Afternoon session 1pm – 4pm Cost is £120.00 pp + vat. This price includes a Sphero Mini to take back to school. KS2 and KS3
The course will be led by Oscar Stringer an Apple Education Trainer, who has been working with Apple technologies in schools for over twenty years. Oscar works part-time, as a facilitator at the Apple iOS Academy in Naples running a series of workshops on collaboration, creativity and communication.
The training will take place at the Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester, 23rd February 2018.
The day also includes free entry to the fantastic Robots exhibition in the museum.
We will forward pre course instructions on receipt of your booking, places are limited to 16 delegates for each session.
Fill in your details below, noting in the Additional Comments box your choice of the morning or afternoon session.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Oscar Stringer on 07974 764849 or email firstname.lastname@example.org