Technology to Support Learning During Enforced School Closures
For all Primary Teachers and SLT who want to quickly implement a strategy for supporting teaching and learning during an enforced school closure scenario, due to Coronavirus.
This unfortunate situation looks increasingly possible in urban areas, due to the impact of Coronavirus. Primary Schools can harness technology to ensure students are working at home and their learning continues.
The day long event is designed to assist you in creating a strategy for ensuring students can continue their learning and receive crucial teacher feedback using PCs, Macs iPads or Tablets.
Software solutions and most importantly web apps are now platform agnostic, resulting in the device becoming less important than the software. The course focuses on maximising student engagement, parent involvement and remote learning opportunities and not email.
- SHARE teaching resources as traditional file types with your students. PDFs, PPTs, Word Docs etc.
- FEEDBACK to students with audio recordings and annotate their work.
- COMMUNICATE with parents to ensure they’re included and upto speed.
- ASSESS learners and bring together traditional practices and technology to create a modern learning environment.
It will be important for schools to have a vision and plan for succeeding in this eventuality.
Focus on the positive:
- Encourage and enforce independent learning.
- Allow students the opportunity to use guided practice.
- Make greater use of the school’s technology.
- Extend the students’ learning past 3.30pm.
- Students should work harder than you during your lessons.
- An effective and subtle way to differentiate the learning.
- You become the curator to the quality learning resources available.
- Video resources are now abundant, free and excellent quality.
- Students learn how to access resources to improve their learning.
- Encourage and foster parental engagement.
- It’s free.
Discover more and Empower all with Technology.
Technology and relevant web apps are developing quickly and becoming more useful to teachers and students. I will help you navigate this new world of apps and workflows and assist in making decisions to ensure it’s business as usual.
Cost for the workshop is £250.00 pp or £430.00 for two teachers from the same school. The app list will be forwarded on receipt of your booking form. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. We always invoice your school after the course.
The course will be led by Oscar Stringer an Apple Education Trainer, who has been working with technology in schools for over twenty years. Oscar works part-time, as a facilitator at the Apple iOS Academy in Naples, running a series of workshops on collaboration, creativity and communication.
Training will take place in the centre of London, 27th March from 10.00am – 3.00pm (Venue to be confirmed)
This course is aimed at:
All teachers, SLT and IT support staff.
We will forward pre course instructions on receipt of your booking, places are limited to 20 delegates.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Oscar Stringer on 07974 764849 or email email@example.com