Looking for ideas to get started with coding in your class?
Discover how the Sphero supports coding and computational thinking in school.
Learn new skills, train with other teachers, with the Sphero Challenge.
This course is for anyone working in KS 1, 2 and 3 who wants to discover how the Sphero family of robots supports coding and computational thinking in class.
- Discover the potential Spheros offer your lessons.
- Work through six different challenges using Spheros that cover key concepts of coding; Algorithms, loops, functions and more.
- Spend time playing, discovering and developing an awareness of how the Sphero supports teachers with coding ideas.
- Use the Sphero to create problem solving challenges with your students.
- Find and use resources to sustain the teaching and exploring of coding with Spheros in class.
- Develop confidence using Spheros to create magical IT lessons, that will make coding relevant and interesting.
The Sphero is a simple robot ball that makes coding and control fun, relevant, interesting and accessible to all levels. See the Sphero in action here. Video on Youtube.
To give teachers time to develop confidence, through a series of hands on activities, using the Sphero Bolt to explore coding principles with a selection of free apps.
Delegates will take back to school ideas for implementing the Sphero into coding, IT and Maths lessons.
Discover and become empowered with your iPad and Sphero.
The Sphero and the relevant apps are developing quickly and becoming more useful to teachers and students. I will help you navigate this new world of apps and possible workflows.
Programme for the twilight.
1- Introduction to the Sphero and Sphero Apps.
2- Working in pairs you will spend two hours exploring six different Sphero challenges.
3- Q and A and wrap up.
Wednesday 27th March 1.00pm – 4.30pm Cost is £95.00
The course will be led by Oscar Stringer an Apple Education Trainer, who has been working with Apple technologies in schools for over twenty years. Oscar works part-time, as a facilitator at the Apple iOS Academy in Naples running a series of workshops on collaboration, creativity and communication.
The training will take place at the National Art Gallery, London on Wednesday 27th March 2019.
We will forward pre course instructions on receipt of your booking, places are limited to 20 delegates.
To book a place on the course, please fill in the form below.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Oscar Stringer on 07974 764849 or email firstname.lastname@example.org